SewStylish Summer 2012 is here!
Get the latest including tips, techniques and special offers straight to your inbox.
The SewStylish Summer Fashion 2012 is now available, and you won’t want to miss it. It’s filled with great techniques and easy-to-sew summer fashions.
• Guided by Stitches. Save time and let your machine do the marking.
• Surprising Notions. 25 odds and ends to put to work in your sewing.
• On the Edge. Use binding or piping for a smart finish.
• Sewing Without a Map. Find your way when the instructions go missing.
• Sheer Over Short. Get the runway look with a mini-maxi layered skirt.
• Variations on a Pattern. Make simple pattern changes to create your own styles.
• Zero-Waste Sundress. Sew this superfast, eco-friendly pattern.
• Jeans in Distress. Learn a designer’s techniques for giving denim a well-worn look.
Online Extra: Get denim fashion tips from designer Angela Wolf.
• Suede Says: Express Yourself. Let his creative design approach inspire your sewing.
• Jersey Sure. Essential techniques for sewing this popular knit.
• Fashion Illustration Basics. Sketch a figure and bring your designs to life.
Online Extra: Take an up-close look at illustrator Yelen Ayé’s sketching technique.
• Sew It, Style It. Go from colorful days to enchanted evenings.
• Roll Out a Print. Paint designs on fabric with a brayer.
• Quilted Convertible Bag. Make a soft bag that goes from purse to clutch.
Online Extra: How to Enlarge a Pattern
• Fashion Your Own Cutwork. Cut and stitch this artistic detail on knits.
And of course, you’ll also find our regular departments:
• Designer Insider. Meet multitalented author Brett Bara.
• Fabric Lab. Invest in mesh for high summer style.
• Cool Tools. Custom labels, vintage-style machines, and more.
• Trend to Technique. Sparkle this summer with this quick shoe embellishment.
• Couture Know-How. Hidden lingerie guards keep clothes in line.
• Fast & Fabulous. Create a stand-out accessory with this 3-D belt.
Online Extra: See a version in striped fabric.