SewStylish Summer 2012 is here!
The SewStylish Summer Fashion 2012 is now available, and you won’t want to miss it. It’s filled with great techniques and easy-to-sew summer fashions.
• Guided by Stitches. Save time and let your machine do the marking.
• Surprising Notions. 25 odds and ends to put to work in your sewing.
• On the Edge. Use binding or piping for a smart finish.
• Sewing Without a Map. Find your way when the instructions go missing.
• Sheer Over Short. Get the runway look with a mini-maxi layered skirt.
• Variations on a Pattern. Make simple pattern changes to create your own styles.
• Zero-Waste Sundress. Sew this superfast, eco-friendly pattern.
• Jeans in Distress. Learn a designer’s techniques for giving denim a well-worn look.
Online Extra: Get denim fashion tips from designer Angela Wolf.
• Suede Says: Express Yourself. Let his creative design approach inspire your sewing.
• Jersey Sure. Essential techniques for sewing this popular knit.
• Fashion Illustration Basics. Sketch a figure and bring your designs to life.
Online Extra: Take an up-close look at illustrator Yelen Ayé’s sketching technique.
• Sew It, Style It. Go from colorful days to enchanted evenings.
• Roll Out a Print. Paint designs on fabric with a brayer.
• Quilted Convertible Bag. Make a soft bag that goes from purse to clutch.
Online Extra: How to Enlarge a Pattern
• Fashion Your Own Cutwork. Cut and stitch this artistic detail on knits.
And of course, you’ll also find our regular departments:
• Designer Insider. Meet multitalented author Brett Bara.
• Fabric Lab. Invest in mesh for high summer style.
• Cool Tools. Custom labels, vintage-style machines, and more.
• Trend to Technique. Sparkle this summer with this quick shoe embellishment.
• Couture Know-How. Hidden lingerie guards keep clothes in line.
• Fast & Fabulous. Create a stand-out accessory with this 3-D belt.
Online Extra: See a version in striped fabric.