Threads #179: Check out our latest issue and enter to win!
Get the latest from Threads delivered straight to your inbox.
NEW! THREADS ISSUE no. 179
Threads #179 hits the newsstand on May 5! In this issue, you’ll learn new techniques for accurate fitting, expert tips for sewing zippers, how to sew piping without puckers, and in an article by Alba Fekete you’ll rediscover just how useful a ruffler can be.
The June/July 2015 issue can be purchased in our store or downloaded directly to your mobile device. If you can’t wait to get your hands on Threads #179, check out some of the web extras from this issue.
- In this issue’s Embellishments section, you learn three useful embroidery stitches. Not only can you download the embroidery design used in this article, we’ll also show you how to scale it up to fit the project you need it for.
- Watch this Threads Essential Techniques video tutorial to learn how to create topstitching with a running stitch, as seen on the dropped-waistline dress from Pattern Review.
- As far as closures go, zippers are one of the trickiest to tackle. Replacing a zipper is much easier with the help of this web extra from Zipper Secrets: Tips to Shorten Zippers.
- You can adapt Bill Voetberg’s removable button strip technique so that it can be used on a standard button-front shirt with these simple modifications.
- Watch and learn how to create the illusion of no seams in lace garments with the latest Threads Essential Techniques video. We demonstrate two different techniques for sewing lace seams, by machine or by hand.
- There’s a lot to learn from Debbie Bone-Harris’ meticulously organized sewing room. Browse this gallery of extra images that didn’t make it into this issue’s “In the Sewing Room” article.
- Share photos of your handmade garments in our Reader’s Closet gallery and you could be featured in an upcoming issue.
Follow these steps to for your chance to win a copy of Threads #179 (June/July 2015).
- Take a look at what’s inside this issue by visiting our issue preview page.
- Then, leave a comment on this post explaning which feature article or department you’re looking forward to most.
- Entries must be recieved by 11:59 p.m. EST, May 15.
- Three winners will be chosen at random, contacted via email, and announced the week of may 18.
Pick up your copy of Threads #179 (June/July 2015) now!
Threads #179 can also be downloaded onto your mobile devices.