Threads #180: Check out our latest issue, and enter to win
Get the latest including tips, techniques and special offers straight to your inbox.
NEW! THREADS #180
Threads #180 hits newsstands July 7. In this issue, you’ll learn to sew smooth curves and precise corners, vintage details for pretty blouses, and how to base a jeans pattern on your favorite pair for a perfect copy.
The August/September 2015 issue can be purchased in our store or downloaded to your mobile device. If you can’t wait to get your hands on Threads #180, check out some of the web extras from this issue.
- This Threads Essential Techniques video will teach you to sew a hand-rolled hem. This easy-to-sew, narrow hem is perfect for fine and delicate fabrics.
- In this issue, Kenneth D. King retells the compelling history of Fortuny fabrics and how his fascination with the company began. In his latest web extra, he shares his Fortuny project in its entirety: an embroidered Fortuny frock coat.
- Judith Neukam’s article from this issue features a blouse with a bias neckband joined to the garment with stitches that resemble faggoting. You can learn how it was done right now.
- You’ll learn to create a pattern from a pair of pants in Raminta Vilkiene article, “Duplicate Your Favorite Jeans.” If you’re copying pants with darts rather than a back yoke, we’ll show you what to do in this web extra.
- The allure of Hong Kong to a sewing enthusiast is easy to see: The city is overflowing with vendors of beautiful and well-priced textiles, if you know where to look. Linda Turner Griepentrog discusses some of her favorite spots in Threads #180, and now she’s got even more great locations to share with you.
- Share photos of your handmade garments in our Reader’s Closet gallery, and you could be featured in an upcoming issue.
Follow these steps for your chance to win a copy of Threads #180 (August/September 2015).
- Take a look at what’s inside this issue by visiting our issue preview page.
- Then, leave a comment on this post explaining which article or department you’re looking forward to most.
- Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST, July 24.
- Three winners will be chosen at random, contacted via email, and announced the week of July 27.
Threads #180 also can be downloaded onto your mobile device.
Pick up your copy of Threads #180 (August/September 2015) now.