Threads #182: Check out our latest issue and enter to win
Get the latest from Threads delivered straight to your inbox.
NEW! Threads #182
The December 2015/January 2016 issue hits the newsstand November 10. This Threads issue will show you how to play with ease for a custom fit, provide new techniques for designing a rolled collar, offer tips for sewing welt pockets the smart way, and explain an industry method for adding a working sleeve vent.
- In “Pleat to Measure,” Linda Baker explains how to calculate the size and spacing of pleats and the amount of fabric needed to make a knife- or box-pleat skirt. Watch this Threads Essential Techniques video tutorial to learn how to use the templates to mark the pleat foldlines and how to fold the pleats.
- Read more of Kenneth D. King’s interview with Vicki Vasilopoulos whose documentary film, Men of the Cloth, follows four master tailors.
- Here are a few more gifts that Threads authors, editors, and staff members would like to add to their holiday wish lists.
- Find out how to convert a one-piece sleeve pattern into a two-piece jacket sleeve.
- Share photos of your handmade garments in our Reader’s Closet gallery and you could be featured in an upcoming issue.
MAGAZINE GIVEAWAY [CLOSED]
Follow these steps for your chance to win a copy of Threads #182.
- Take a look at what’s inside this issue by visiting our full-issue preview page.
- Leave a comment on this post explaining which feature article or department you’re looking forward to most. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST, November 20.
Two winners will be chosen at random, contacted via email, and announced the week of November 23. Good luck.
Web Extra: Watch this Threads Essential Techniques video tutorial to learn how to use the templates to mark the pleat foldlines, and how to fold the pleats.
Web Extra: Read more of Kenneth D. King's interview with Vicki Vasilopoulos whose documentary film, Men of the Cloth, follows four master tailors.