Get the latest including tips, techniques and special offers straight to your inbox.
NEW! Threads #188 (December 2016/January 2017)
The December 2016/January 2017 issue hits the newsstand December ??. This Threads issue will show you how to mix prints and fabrics, understand ease, replace a coat lining, miter stripes, and more.
Don’t miss these insightful extras
- In this web extra video, learn how to taper piping to invisibly integrate it into a garment.
- An accomplished designer like Terry Fox knows the process of sewing a single welt pocket inside and out. Now you can sew one like Terry Fox with this video on her technique.
- Striped fabric that is used as trim looks even better when you miter the corners. Threads contributing editor Judith Neukam walks you through the process in this video.
- In this issue, we highlight seven of the winners of the 2016 Make It With Wool Competition. We’ve also made our thoughts on these garments available online so you can be inspired by these incredible creations.
- Learn what the hottest sewing gifts are according to Threads editors and contributors in our annual sewing gift guide roundup post.
- Threads Insiders can view an interactive 360 degree view of a mixed prints dress and a 1947 dress with cutouts from this issue online now.