Threads #178: Check out our latest issue and enter to win!
Get the latest including tips, techniques and special offers straight to your inbox.
NEW! THREADS ISSUE no. 178
Threads #178 hits the newsstand on March 3! In this issue, you’ll discover how to design a waistband that complements your body shape, hemstitching techniques, how to make custom panties, and Executive Editor Judith Neukam demonstrates some critical alterations you should make before cutting fabric.
The April/May 2015 issue can be purchased in our store or downloaded directly to your mobile device. If you can’t wait to get your hands on Threads #178, check out some of the web extras from this issue.
- Watch our latest videos from Threads Essential Techniques series. Learn how to sew a welt patch pocket in this web extra from “Prepare Patterns for Fit.
- You can also learn how to sew and install a sleeve head with this web extra from pattern review in which we covered Simplicity Threads 1168 pattern.
- This web extra from Kenneth D. King’s article on hemstitching, “Drawn Threads”, is a guide for how and where to apply hemstitching most successfully.
- Before you begin panty construction with Monica O’Rourke Bravo’s techniques from “Custom Panties,” consider adding Monica’s favorite embellishment technique, known as shadow appliqué, to the cut fabric pieces.
- Share photos of your handmade garments in our Reader’s Closet gallery and you could be featured in an upcoming issue.
Follow these steps to for your chance to win a copy of Threads #178 (April/May 2015).
- Take a look at what’s inside this issue by visiting our issue preview page.
- Then, leave a comment on this post explaning which feature article or department you’re looking forward to most.
- Entries must be recieved by 11:59 p.m. EST, March 6.
- Three winners will be chosen at random, contacted via email, and announced the week of March 9.
Threads #178 can also be downloaded onto your mobile devices.
Pick up your copy of Threads #178 (April/May 2015) now!