Safari Red Sundress
I am always inspired by great looking prints and material. I instantly loved the way the red flowers popped on this classic zebra print. This stretch pique was perfect for a summer sundress. I lowered the neckline on pattern #9216 McCalls and raised the hemline to knee length. I then modified the jacket. I cut it shorter and pieced the front. I also rounded the corners and used self made piping out of the print. After finishing the jacket I decided instead of using a button I folded back both fronts to make a mock lapel and decorated with a button.
Pattern or design used: My own design
Posted on Mar 15th, 2010 in sewing, design, garment construction, reader's closet, garment, getting the look, jackets, edge, commercial patterns