Pulled-Thread Silk Blouse
This blouse was made from Simplicity 2339 without the sleeves. I made it out of silk broadcloth and used Madiera silk floss for the pulled-thread technique on the collar, front band and pocket. I used bias strips made from the silk to bind the armholes. Again, using the Madeira silk floss, I hand embroidered bullion roses into the buttons. Pulled-thread was a new technique I learned from a recent issue of Sew Beautiful.
Pattern or design used: Simplicity 2339
Posted on May 9th, 2011 in sewing, garment construction, embellishments, embroidery, reader's closet, garment, sewing machine, hand stitching, embroidery machines