2012 Sewing and Fashion Events and Workshops
Sewing Workshops, Retreats, and Conferences
- Original Sewing & Quilt Expo (multiple dates and locations). A variety of classes, presentations, hands-on studios, all centered on quilting, sewing, embroidery, embellishment, and other needle arts. Expos will be held at several locations during spring 2012:
February 23-25—The Lakeland Center, Lakeland, Florida
March 22-24—Schaumburg Convention Center, Schaumburg, Illinois
March 29-31—I-X Center, Cleveland, Ohio
April 12-14—DCU Center, Worcester, Massachusetts.
- The Sewing and Stitchery Expo, Puyallup, Washington (March 1-4). Offers more than 100 educational seminars and workshops for sewers and quilters and 400-plus exhibitors and venders, several style shows, and free demos. SewExpo.com.
- Moulage workshop with Kenneth D. King. Janie’s Sewing Corner, Cleveland, Ohio (April 20-22). Kenneth will instruct students in the creation of a moulage—the foundation of the couture pattern drafting system. Cost: $500. JaniesSewingCorner.com.
- Nancy’s Notions Sewing Weekend, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin (May 3-5). Three days of sewing instruction, seminars, shopping, and hands-on projects at Nancy’s Notions. NancysNotions.com.
- Conference of Northern California Handweavers, Oakland, California (May 18-20). Offers classes and workshops in a variety of disciplines and techniques, including weaving, spinning, dyeing, felting, basketry, braiding, and more. A marketplace of sewing vendors will be onsite with their wares. The program also includes a fashion show, fiber artist galleries, and exhibitions. CNCH.org.
- Palmer/Pletsch East Fit Workshop, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania (June 7-10). Taught by Palmer/Pletsch Certified sewing instructor Pamela Leggett, the four-day Fit workshop teaches fitting techniques and provides each participant with a personal body map they can use to alter fashion patterns. PalmerPletsch.com.
Posted on in sewing, online extras, design, quilting, textiles, Sewing retreats, sewing workshops, needle arts, fashion exhibitions, sewing tours, hand weaving