MAGAZINE GIVEAWAY: The April/May 2012 issue of Threads magazine!
THE MAY ISSUE OF THREADS IS AVAILABLE ON THE NEWSSTAND TODAY!
We received our office copies of the latest issue of Threads, and I can't wait to read it. There are so many fabulous articles in this issue and so much to learn!
YOU COULD WIN A COPY!
You could win a copy of this amazing issue by simply leaving a comment at the bottom of the page. Tell us which article appeals most to you. Leave your comment on this post before the deadline-11:59 p.m., Tuesday, March 20-and you could win a copy of the issue. The winner will be randomly selected and announced during the week of March 25.
THERE'S SO MUCH TO LEARN INSIDE
Here are the highlights:
• Sophisticated Deconstruction--Create unique garments by layering fabrics and stitching them together.
• ASDP Member Challenge: No-Waste Designs--The winners of the Threads/ASDP Challenge were asked to make a garment without fabric waste.
• Tailoring Principles--A traditional menswear tailor talks about how to build impeccable shape into garments.
• Spring into Fashion--A fashion forecast of the leading colors, fabrics, and silhouettes to guide your sewing.
• Bound for Beauty--Three methods to make fabulous bound buttonholes.
• Garment Industry Secrets--Borrow these professional sewing techniques for precise and efficient results.
• One Pattern, Endless Options--A base pattern makes it easy to whip up an entire wardrobe.
And of course, you'll also find our regular departments:
• Embellishments (Painted textiles--using brushes, stencils and stamps for one-of-a-kind fabric)
• How Did They Sew That?
• Designer Spotlight (Sandra Betzina)
• Pattern Review
• Fundamentals (Meet your serger)
• A Stitch in Time
• Embroidery Essentials (Make lace--Learn to stitch on air)
• Reader's Closet
• Back cover
WHAT APPEALS TO YOU THE MOST?
We all have our favorites. What do you think yours will be in this issue?
Posted on in sewing, online extras, garment construction, fundamentals, Threads, giveaways, issue 160