The theater dress
This is a dress I made for my daughter to replicate one I saw in a women's clothing catalog. The pattern comes from the November issue of the Burda magazine, called the "theater dress". I made it in a medium weight ponte knit, just like the catalog dress, that was a dream to work with. Since the dress silhouette is quite fitted, getting the dress to fit well was a challenge. An issue complicated by the fact that my daughter lives several states away and not available for the mulitple muslin fittings it required. Despite those challenges the finished dress turned out beautifully - fit just right, style just right and amazingly similar to the dress I saw in the catalog.
Pattern or design used: Burda theater dress
Posted on Feb 24th, 2013 in design, garment construction, fabric, fitting, reader's closet, Burda, dress, ponte knit, theater dress