Blue Chambray 40s Shirtwaist Dress
I made this dress for the Sew for Victory sew along challenge, hosted by Rochelle from Lucky Lucille.
I used a vintage pattern from the 1940s, Simplicity 4036. I had to make a lot of alterations to the pattern (it was two sizes too big and I always have a lot of fit issues anyway), but I'd say it was worth it.
The fabric is a vintage chambray that I picked up at a thrift store a while back for about $2. I made the buttons and the belt, using material I had left over from a previous reconstruction. It has little red cherries with navy and light blue stems and leaves.
Read more about it here.
Pattern or design used: My own design