Don't Miss the October/November 2013 Issue of Threads!
The October/November 2013 issue of Threads magazine hits the newsstands on September 3, and you won't want to miss it. Here's a rundown of the great techniques and new material you'll find in this issue. Along with this sneak peek, you can also preview the latest digital issue.
- "Autumn Preview"by Connie Crawford. Colors, fabrics, and silhouettes for a new season.
- "Opulent Fabrics" by Susanne Chess. Discover the world of embellished textiles.
Online Extra: 360-Degrees of an Embellished Sheath Dress
- "Reshape a Neckline" by Emma Seabrooke. Adapt a pattern for three new styles.
- "Why Bother Sewing Jeans" by Judith Neukam. Find out why three experts love making jeans.
- "Make Your Own Heirloom Buttons" by Nancy Nehring. Vintage flair for modern garments.
Online Extra: Get Creative with Heirloom Buttons
- "Fit a Foward Shoulder" by Louise Cutting. Adjust your patterns to match your posture.
And of course, you'll also find our regular departments:
- Embellishments (Scrap lace)
- How Did They Sew That?
Online Extra: Stitch a beaded frond
- Quick to Make (High-octane clutch)
- Pattern Review
Online Extra: The classic pickstitch
- In the Sewing Room (Tour Kenneth D. King's sewing studio)
- Reader's Closet
- A Stitch in Time
- Back cover
US subscribers will receive this issue by August 27. If you can't wait until the newstand date, become a Threads Insider for immediate access to the digital issue. Tablet editions of Threads #169 are also available.
Posted on Aug 26th, 2013 in sewing, online extras, Threads #169, october/november issue