SewStylish Fall 2014 is Here!
The Fall 2014 issue of SewStylish hits newstands August 1, and it has tons of inspiring techniques, patterns, projects, and more. Here's a quick round up of what you can expert to find inside the Fall 2014 issue.
- No-Fus Leather. Smart techniques for luxe results.
- Fabric Selection Success. Learn to choose the right materials for the look you want.
web extra: How to Identify Fabrics with a Burn Test
- Sweather-Knit Edges. Finish comfy garments with these bulk-free options.
- Romantic Velvet Skirt. Elastic shirring creates an easy and flattering fit.
- Custom Cover. Dress up your ironing board and add a matching tool caddy.
- Trapeze Bag. A separating zipper closes this roomy, easy-to-sew tote.
- Machine Power. 10 features that make you say "Wow!"
- Press Like a Pro. How to use heat and steam to expertly shape and finish garments.
- Buttonhole Basics. Plan, Stitch, and cut durable closures.
web extra: How to Select the Right Buttonhole for the Job
And of course, you'll also find our regular departments:
- Cool Tools. Lustrous thimbles, iron magic, and a variety of books.
- Designer Insider. Ready-to-wear, bridal, and pattern design are all in a day's work for Project Runway winner Leanne Marshall
- Fabric Lab: Fabulous Fringe
- Trend to Technique: Fashion Smocking
web extra: Adjust Your Pattern to Accommodate a Smocked Section
- Couture Know-How: Understitch by Hand
web extra: More Understitching Techniques (coming soon)
- Embellishments: Cinchged keyhole opening and faux lace-up placket
- Sewing School: The Kick Pleat
- Fast & Fabulous: Quick Wrap
Don't forget, you can also preview SewStylish Fall 2014.