SewStylish Spring 2015 is Here!
The Spring 2015 issue of SewStylish hits newstands February 10, and it has tons of inspiring techniques, patterns, projects, and more. Here's a quick round up of what you can expect to find inside the Spring 2015 issue.
- Exposed Zipper. A clever installation for a clean finish.
web extra: Designer Secrets: Off-Seam Insertion
- Fluted Ribbon Trim. Sculpt a vintage-inspired embellishment.
- Crop It. Create an abbreviated version of a classic jacket.
- Baby-Doll Designs. Make a fast top or dress in coordinating fabrics.
- Pillows in the Round. Stitch custom bolsters and circular cushions.
- Forever Fringe. Sew a faux leather bag that moves and shakes.
web extra: How to Make Faux Leather Fringe Tassels
- Pant-Hem Perfection. The bottom line on every style.
- Fix Your Pattern. Evaluate and revise on the paper before you sew.
- Zipper Saves. How to make broken closures work smoothly again.
web extra: Zipper Basics: Sliders and Stops
- Surprising Notions. Ordinary objects with unexpected sewing uses.
And of course, you'll also find our regular departments:
- Cool Tools. Sewing made fun.
- Designer Insider. Internet sensation Mimi G talks about sewing, teaching, and fashion.
- Fabric Lab. Classic options for cool, comfortable garments.
- Trend to Technique. Frame contrast fabrics in creative slot seams.
web extra: How to Widen a Slot-Seam Opening
- Couture Know-how. A hand stitch for precise, permanent seams.
- Embellishments. Create art on fabric with surface rubbings.
web extra: Video: Embellishing with Paint Sticks
- Sewing School. Conceal inner layers with fabrics to match your skin.
- Fast & Fabulous. Adjust this accessory for a multitude of looks.
What are you planning on sewing this Spring? What patterns will you use?