SewStylish Spring 2014 is Here!
The Spring 2014 issue of SewStylish hits newstands February 4, and it has tons of inspiring patterns, techniques, and more! Here’s a quick round up of the techniques and projects you can expert to find inside the Spring 2014 issue. You can also preview SewStylish Spring 2014 here.
Don’t miss any of the 2014 spring trends and techniques by ordering a copy, downloading the digital edition (Adobe Reader Required), or purchasing the tablet edition.
- Spring Fashion Forward. Three designers play with one pattern’s possibilities.
web extra: Add a quilted lower sleeve
- Origami Inspiration. Customize your designs with contemporary folded details.
- Power Strips. Energize a garment with easy fabric piecing.
- Right-Angles Design. Create chic clothes from rectangles.
- Boho Blouse. Draft and sew a carefree top.
- Sweet Spiked Tote. Make a faux leather bag with candy-colored embellishments.
web extra: Free, downloadable templates for your sweet spiked tote
- Terrific Stitches. Readers’ tips for hand or machine sewing.
web extra: Quick tips for improving your stitches
- Fast and Easy Hems. A dozen handy finishes for your garments.
- Keep It Light. Simple seams and edges for floaty fabrics.
And of course, you’ll also find our regular departments:
- Cool Tools. Pleating tape, sewing supplies, and a variety of books.
- Designer Insider. All-star Auld: Anthony Ryan talks about his career since Project Runway
- Fabric Lab. Designers take suede into new fashion territory.
- Trend to Technique. Sew or embroider two textiles into one high-fashion fabric.
- Couture Know-How. Match prints across seams with a basic hand stitch.
- Fast & Fabulous. Create a design on your favorite jeans.
web extra: Print your free dragonfly stencil template
Don’t forget, you can also preview SewStylish Spring 2014.
Get your copy of SewStylish Spring 2014.
Download the Threads Magazine app and read SewStylish on your iPad.
I just purchased Spring 2014 Sewstylish magazine, and I just love the artcle right angles design. I am having difficulty with step # 7. Is there any way this last step could be given more information, for me to understand clearly.