Upcoming Workshops and Classes by Threads Contributing Editors
The contributing editors at Threads are some of the most experienced and skilled sewers around. If you’ve ever dreamed of learning from the masters, here are some opportunities to do so. Each contributing editor is leading classes or workshops in the new year. We’ve assembled a list of these events with details on time, place, and price, where available.
- Weekend Retreats at Winter Park, Florida, $595. Each student will be fitted for a new, yet-to-be-released Cutting Line Designs pattern.
- April 24-26
- June 5-7
- August 7-9
Kenneth D. King
- Mini Sit-and-Sew “Buddy Edition” classes, New York. Choose a two- or three-day session, limited to two people per session. With Kenneth’s Mini Sit-and-Sew “Buddy Edition” classes, you’ll have the opportunity to pair up with a sewing buddy, and work with Kenneth in his studio. The program is customized based on your needs. More information provided via email.
- March 13-15
- March 20-22
- April 17-19
- April 24-26
- May 8-10
- May 15-17
- June 19-21
- June 26-28
- July 10-12
- July 24-26
- August 7-9
- September 18-20
- Old- and New-School Tailoring. Based on his Smart Tailoring with Kenneth D. King video series, Kenneth will construct a coat in each school of tailoring while the class follows along, in Tacoma, Washington, April 8-12, $750.
- Choosing Fabric to Match the Design, Campbell, California, February 14, Class fee: $40 for PenWAG members; $45 for ASG members; $55 for guests. In this half-day workshop, Mary Ray will show you “how to conquer and manipulate a variety of fabrics to stretch their possibilities and learn when to “listen” to your fabric and let it do what it wants to do.”
- A Jacket Made Especially for You, San Jose, California, February 15-16, Class fee: $150 PenWAG members, $170 ASG members, $190 non-members. In this two-day workshop, you will “learn the techniques needed to design and sew a jacket that’s grounded in classic style with the individuality of art to wear.”
- The Fashionably Quilted Jacket, Craftsy Online Class
Don’t miss Mary Ray’s latest video, Design Your Own Wardrobe.
- Couture Sewing School consists of six daylong sessions in which students can work on the couture garment of their choice.
- San Diego (Vista), California – February 16-21, $1,500
- Baltimore, Maryland – March 23-28, $1,250
- Baltimore – April 10-15, $1,250
- Baltimore – June 1-6, $1,250
- Houston (Katy), Texas – August 3-8 and August 10-15, $1,500
- Baltimore – September 11-16, $1,250
- Baltimore – October 5-10, $1,250
- French Couture Jacket is a seven-day course, including a day trip to New York City to shop for the perfect fabric, lining, trims, and buttons.
- Baltimore – May 17-23, $1,800
- Baltimore – September 20-26, $1,800
- The Draping Classes with Julien Cristofoli, Baltimore. Susan will be on hand to assist.
- Tops and Skirts I – April 22-25, $1,000
- Dresses – April 26-30, $1,200
- Tops and Skirts II – May 2-5, $1,000
- Dresses – May 6-10, $1,200
- Paris Tour, November 1-9, $6,300
Susan Khalje has made available an online workshop that details how to make a cocktail dress.
Have you attended any workshops led by Threads contributing editors? If so, which one(s)? Do you plan to attend any of the classes and workshops listed?
Improve your sewing skills with Kenneth D. King's techiques and tailoring tutorials.
Don't miss Louise Cutting's expert sewing techniques and tips.
Discover some of Susan Khalje's couture techniques.
Don't forgoet to check out Mary Ray's construction and design techniques.
Get the latest including tips, techniques and special offers straight to your inbox.