Embellishments Special Issue: Check out our latest issue and enter to win!
The Best of Threads: Embellishments special issue hits newstands April 7, and it is full of more than 50 luxurious embellishment details. Here’s a quick round up of what you can expect to find inside this incredible issue.
The Embellishments special issue can be purchased in our store or downloaded directly to your mobile device. If you can’t wait to get your hands on it, check out some of the web extras from this issue. We’re also giving away three copies. Read on to find out how to enter.
- Painted Textiles. Create original fabric prints with brushes and stamps.
- Shirred Velvet. Fashion a luxurious surface with gathered tucks.
- Discover Devoré. Custom burnout designs in fabric.
web extra: How to Dye Fabric After Devoré
- Distress Leather. Age, fade, and texturize with household tools.
- Ombré Effects. Spray or dip-dye your way to gorgeous color gradations.
Trim & Detail
- Cutaway Lace Appliqué. Add a delicate couture touch to lingerie.
- Ribbon Flowers. Adorn garments and accessories with beautiful blooms.
- Glamorous Yo-yos. Gather fabric circles into an elegant trim.
- Fabric Filigree. Nature takes shape with sculpted bias tubes.
- Appliqué on Net. How to cut and sew shapes onto airy fabrics.
web extra: How to Attach Appliqués Across Curved Seams
- Fanciful Feathers. Borrow soft and colorful plumage for glamorous accents.
- Beading Basics. Essential methods and materials.
- Bead by Machine. Skip hand sewing with this technique.
web extra: Video: How to Machine Bead a Design
- Charmed Cutwork. Suspend pretty baubles in open “windows”.
- Beaded Edges. Two ways to hem and adorn garments.
web extra: How to Sew a Brick Stitch
- Beads on Leather. Three easy methods for over-the-top effects.
- Pile It On. Combine materials into dramatic embellishments.
Stitching & Embroidery
- Border Stitches. Four ways to sew decorative edges.
- Cutwork on Knits. Stabilize before you stitch and trim.
- Boho Embroidery. Find contemporary inspiration from Eastern European techniques.
- Lavish Stitching. Enhance machine embroidery with free-motion sewing.
- Needle-Felt Silk. Meld fabric pieces for rich texture.
For your chance to win a copy of Best of Threads: Embellishments, all you have to do is:
- Look at the embellishment articles listed above.
- Leave a comment on this post explaining which feature article or department you’re looking forward to most.
Entries must be recieved by 11:59 p.m. EST, April 17. Three winners will be chosen at random, contacted via email, and announced the week of April 20.
Pick up your copy of Best of Threads: Embellishments starting April 7.
Download the Threads Magazine app and read Embellishments on your iPad.