Threads #182: Check out our latest issue and enter to win
NEW! Threads #182
The December 2015/January 2016 issue hits the newsstand November 10. This Threads issue will show you how to play with ease for a custom fit, provide new techniques for designing a rolled collar, offer tips for sewing welt pockets the smart way, and explain an industry method for adding a working sleeve vent.
- In “Pleat to Measure,” Linda Baker explains how to calculate the size and spacing of pleats and the amount of fabric needed to make a knife- or box-pleat skirt. Watch this Threads Essential Techniques video tutorial to learn how to use the templates to mark the pleat foldlines and how to fold the pleats.
- Read more of Kenneth D. King’s interview with Vicki Vasilopoulos whose documentary film, Men of the Cloth, follows four master tailors.
- Here are a few more gifts that Threads authors, editors, and staff members would like to add to their holiday wish lists.
- Find out how to convert a one-piece sleeve pattern into a two-piece jacket sleeve.
- Share photos of your handmade garments in our Reader’s Closet gallery and you could be featured in an upcoming issue.
MAGAZINE GIVEAWAY [CLOSED]
Follow these steps for your chance to win a copy of Threads #182.
- Take a look at what’s inside this issue by visiting our full-issue preview page.
- Leave a comment on this post explaining which feature article or department you’re looking forward to most. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST, November 20.
Two winners will be chosen at random, contacted via email, and announced the week of November 23. Good luck.
Web Extra: Watch this Threads Essential Techniques video tutorial to learn how to use the templates to mark the pleat foldlines, and how to fold the pleats.
Web Extra: Read more of Kenneth D. King's interview with Vicki Vasilopoulos whose documentary film, Men of the Cloth, follows four master tailors.
Get the latest including tips, techniques and special offers straight to your inbox.