Take the Runway-Inspired 2021 Digital Ambassadors’ ChallengeContest offers two prize packages
The entry period is now closed. Stay tuned for winner announcements on December 3.
A contest with two chances to win
An audience-choice winner receives more than $500 worth of products from Beautiful Textiles, Janome, and Wild Ginger Software, and a winner selected by the four Threads digital ambassadors receives a selection of Taunton products.
Entrants can submit photos and descriptions of their self-sewn, runway-inspired garment or ensemble between 12 a.m. eastern standard time September 3, 2021, and midnight EST November 3, 2021, using the entry form provided here.
We have compiled and posted the runway-inspired entries and you’ve voted. We are tallying the votes and will announce the audience-choice winner December 3, 2021.
Digital ambassadors’ choice
Be sure to check out posts from the four Threads digital ambassadors, who will offer lots of encouragement to find and sew your runway look. These sewing experts aren’t competing for the prizes. Instead, they are creating their own runway interpretations to show off techniques, which are bound to give you a few ideas. They’ve taken their first steps already.
- Threads Digital Ambassador Becky Fulgoni turned to French designer Isabel Marant for inspiration for her Runway Sewn Your Way challenge garment.
- Threads Digital Ambassador Marcy Harriell finds inspiration from Australian designers Romance Was Born for her Runway Sewn Your Way challenge garment.
- Threads Digital Ambassador Pamela Howard drew on Max Mara designs when planning her creation for the Runway Sewn Your Way challenge.
- Threads Digital Ambassador Gilbert Muniz’s inspiration for his Runway Sewn Your Way challenge garment comes from the iconic design house of Versace.
Plus, they’ll serve as judges. They’ll pick their favorite runway-inspired entry, and the entrant receives a prize package of Taunton products. The winner will also be announced December 3, 2021 at ThreadsMagazine.com.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER Starts 9/3/21 Ends 11/3/21 US residents, 18+ only
Editor’s note: For pointers on entering this and other contests, see the Sewing With Threads podcast featuring artist Daryl Lancaster, an expert on entering and winning contests and shows. Check out this post for advice on taking photos.
For the audience-choice winner
- Beautiful Textiles $100 gift card
- Janome Thread Carrier Set, retail value $188.99
- Wild Ginger Software Pattern Master Boutique, retail value $225.00
For the digital ambassadors’ chosen winner
- Three Taunton products:
- Kenneth D. King’s Smart Fitting Solutions (book), valued at $34.95
- Sewing Essentials: The Versatile Jacket with Louise Cutting (USB) valued at $24.95
- Threads Insider single-year subscription, valued at $32.95.
Illustration: Cassandra Bernier
Get the latest including tips, techniques and special offers straight to your inbox.