Essential Stay Tape Techniques for Knits
This six-part article first appeared as “Stay Tape Know-how” in Threads #215, Fall 2021. Authored by patternmaker, sewing and fitting teacher, and knit garment expert Pamela Leggett, the article delves into using stay tapes to stabilize knits. Pamela includes techniques for applying stay tape to shoulder seams, necklines, and when installing zippers.
In this collection, Pamela covers some simple methods that yield stable, professional-looking seams,
necklines, and hems. You can solve the problem of knit necklines that gape or do not lie smoothly by applying the proper stay tape.
Pamela’s stay tape advice is divided into the following sections:
- 4 Essential Stay Tapes for Knits
- How to Stabilize a Shoulder Seam with Stay Tape
- Use Stay Tape to Stabilize a Foldover Neckline Finish
- How to Hem Knits Faster with Stay Tape
- Apply Stay Tape for Easier Blind Hemming
- Sew Ripple-Free Zippers in Knits
Log in or create an account to post a comment.Sign up Log in