Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

100 % Cotton Eyelet

barbsewandsew | Posted in Fabric and Trim on

Any help finding a nice embroidered white eyelet would be appreciated ! I looked today at High Fashion in Houston and couldn’t find quite what I had in mind…but after searching online I think I may need to select one of those that I saw today. Most of them seemed to be more eyelet than embroidery…Usually if High Fashion doesn’t have it then no one does ! Am I looking for something that doesn’t exist? The fabric that I really like is made into a white jacket on the Nordstrom website. Thank you for your time! Barbara

Replies

1. SewNancy | | #1

I was in Mood fabrics on Saturday and they had some cotton eyelet. You can go to their website and request samples.
    Nancy

1. mompea | | #2

It seems white cotton eyelet is "the" material for spring this year, which may be why you are having a bit of a time finding it right now. Everywhere I have seen or read there seems to be a shortage of cotton eyelet. All those tiered skirts must be putting a run on the manufacturer. I would suggest that if you have to have it now... wherever you find it- BUY IT! It is really being sought after by everyone. Good luck.

2. Teaf5 | | #3

We're all thinking alike! I've been looking for patchwork eyelet to make a dress my daughter is coveting, and I've seen only a few bolts in every fabric store I've visited. I'm wondering if we're a little early on the season, as I recall far more options in previous years. My online searches have brought up very few options that were basically the same as in the fabric stores. Let us know if you find any sources.

1. dotty | | #4

I've always been a sucker for eyelet. 100% cotton has never been easy to find. I'd prefer it in rich strong colors if I could find it!

1. diday | | #5

Denver Fabrics has cotton eyelet in colors.
        http://www.denverfabrics.com/

3. SewNancy | | #6

I got several samples of white eyelet from http://www.banksvilledesignerfabrics.com They are a very nice company. or call 203 846 1333 and ask for Laurie.
    Nancy

4. ixs | | #7

I was just in Haberman Fabrics on Main Street in Royal Oak, MI, today, and they have eyelet, although I didn't look really closely at it. I would assume they are on the internet. Wonderful place.

5. SewistKitty | | #8

I have also shopped at Haberman's fabrics in Michigan. Their website is disappointing because few fabrics are shown. You could get their phone number off their website and contact them. I am sure that they would help with the eyelet fabric is they have it. The staff is very service-oriented and professional. Hope this helps.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights