Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

100% wool jersey

rsew | Posted in Fabric and Trim on

where in the world can I find 100% lightweight wool jersey (to be felted) just like the jacket on Threads #147. I have looked the internet at various fabric sites and have received swatches of wool jersey but alas the swatches have lycra/polyester. How difficult is it to locate 100% wool jersey? I have even sent a email to “The Sewing Workshop” directed to Linda Lee-but have not received a reply. This is truly discouraging to see a fabric/garment idea then not be able to find a similar fabric to work with. Thanks for listening –I feel better now! Rsew

Replies

1. Palady | | #1

Would you consider being in touch with Threads? It figures editors there could steer you to a source.

nepa

1. rsew | | #3

I did send message to Threads-I was then sent a reply/link to Sewing Workshop website-I then sent a message to Sewing Workshop-requesting info on wool jersey fabric. No reply was sent to me.

1. Palady | | #5

>> ... Sewing Workshop ... No reply ... <<

Disappointing for certain!! With the all of cyber space a site should consider auto response of some sort. Guess it might cost bucks though.

Maybe the other URL's offered will be successful for you.

nepa

1. rsew | | #4

Thanks. I will give this a try.

2. rsew | | #6

found it! Very Baby was a home run, also ordered a swatch from Mood Fabrics Ny. Thanks for your information.

2. GoodFibrations | | #7

G street fabrics carries wool jersey

3. rsew | | #8

Just received my order of 100% natural wool jersey from Very Baby in Rigby Utah. This is just what I wanted (Now on to the felting & sewing) .  Thanks so very much for enlightening me.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights