Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

2010 Threads Archive CD

luve2sew | Posted in Feedback on Threads on

Today I noticed that you are taking preorders for the 2010 Threads Archive CD, which will include the 2010 issues.  I purchased the 2009 Archive.  Am I going to have to purchase the entire archive in order to get the 2010 issues on CD?  Seems like you would offer an annual update version for those of us who have already invested in purchasing an archive.  The way it stands now, we’ll have to purchase a whole new archive every year in order to stay current!

Deborah

Replies

1. lou19 | | #1

Deborah

I too purchased the Threads Archive last year.

When I saw your message I  was confused and had to check details of the new 2010 archive myself. You of course are right. The new DVD is the same as our's only with one more years issues. How frustrating! Ite DVD was an expensive purchase especially as I had to pay imprt duties to have item sent to UK. I love the DVD, but do feel a bit upset about this.

2. User avater
    QuiltsShootsAndLeave | | #2

On Tuesday 9/25 in my email, I got a notice from Threads that I could buy one upgrade copy of the 2010 DVD for $19.95 with free shipping. If you purchased the 2009 DVD you should contact Threads asap to pre-order a copy. (I believe I'm going to be getting the full set through 2010 on a single DVD.)

I considered sending you the link to this announcement on the Threads site but I noticed that they had my email address embedded in the URL. I assume they kept track of the email addresses of all their previous DVD customers...

Good luck!

1. lou19 | | #3

Thanks for this information

3. Rabia | | #4

Oh, so that's why the 2009 Archive CD is 'no longer available: because it is being UPDATED!

Some questions: Does this CD include ALL the Threads magazine articles from Day One? I DREAM of finding a COMPLETE stash of "Threads" in the second-hand stores I LOVE to haunt, but no luck "sew" far!

Secondly,  HOW MUCH? I am thinking that THIS is what I want for X-mas, and the man who is going to buy it for me is going to want to know the PRICE!

1. KharminJ | | #5

Hhi Rabia!

Yes, it's the complete articles!

IIRC, Vicki answered your question in another thread some time ago: There are a "very few" articles that they couldn't get permission to reprint, and those pages are either blank or skipped. lat time I looked, I think the price was in the $150+ range, but Wow! Think what a resource you're getting! 

Enjoy!

Bright Blessings ~ Kharmin

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights