Bobbin won’t wind when using pedal
I recently got a used Janome Plaire. The seller said it had been tested for basic functionality.
I just tried to use it and found that the bobbins won’t wind. If I use the hand wheel they’ll wind, but not if I use the pedal. I don’t want to wind them up only using the wheel – my wrist will die!
The pedal works to sew normally, and the machine came with several bobbins that had thread wound on to them from the previous owner – so I assume it worked at some point.
- This machine doesn’t have a clutch thing in the hand wheel – it’s just a solid lump thats only function is to move the needle.
- When the bobbin winder is to the left, the wheel turns as normal. When it’s to the right, it makes a clicking noise. Not sure if this is normal.
- I’ve tried with the feed dogs up/down
- I’ve tried changing the tension
- The stitch length is normal (2) stich type is normal
- The thread is on the bobbin exactly as in the instructions. The bobbin winder is pushed to the right and clicked in.
- When I turn the wheel to wind the thread on to the bobbin, the needle and feed dogs move. This was normal in my last Janome.
I will love anyone who can solve this problem !! <3