Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Brother model Lock – 526D

gfam | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

Has anyone used this machine?   I am looking for a serger & this one came up. She’s selling it for $29 but says it’s hard to find needles for & to use. But I don’t think she has actually ever used it.  Is that true?  That’s all I know about it. Thanks for replying quickly!

Donna

Replies

1. User avater
    wghmch | | #1

Donna,The needles are not hard to find, but you're not likely to find them at a mass merchandiser. Those old Brothers (Huskylocks were the same machine) used the 16X231 needle, which is more commonly used in an industrial machine. It is a tiny bit tricky, because the needle has a round shank, so you have to be careful to line it up with the correct orientation. These machines did not enjoy a great reputation, but they weren't bad, and if it is in good working condition, $29 is certainly not a bad price, especially for this model with a differential feed. Incidentally, I'm fairly certain that this is one of the models where the hand wheel turns away from you instead of toward you.Bill Holman

1. gfam | | #3

Hi Bill,

You are everywhere?!  Before I do any more digging I need to find out if this unit is still available.  She has not gotten back to me yet.  If it is, I'll be writing again!

Thank you!

2. spicegirl | | #2

Why don't you check brother.com and ask a technician.  You will have to sign on as a Brother owner and fudge the serial numbers to get to the e-mail.  They will get back to you within 24 hours.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights