I am very excited to have finished my first, but definitely not last, pair of custom drafted pants. They are completely finished and I will wear them to work tomorrow.
I drafted the pattern using the Margaret Islander method. After measuring, the drafting only took about an hour. They fit very well. I did take them in a little during the fitting process and will correct that on the pattern. Also, the inseams (front and back) did not match up well, but that is also a simple correction. The only other adjustment I will make is to lengthen the legs about an inch.
I used the ‘comfy waistband’ I saw on someone’s blog. Basically, I just used 1 1/4 inch elastic as a facing. I extended the top of the waistband to cover the elastic. It is ‘comfy’ and a cinch to put in. And it looks like you have a facing. I think this will be my waistband of choice from now on.
I did not include pockets on these but will in the future. The fabric I used was a relatively cheap linen like blend from Joann’s. I washed and dried it first.
I definitely recommend drafting custom patterns. Last week I made a skirt after drafting it myself.