Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

custom stitch in the ULT2003?

LTMD | Posted in General Discussion on

Hi there… has anyone tried the exclusive feature in the Brother/Disney ULT2003 called “custom stitch?” How does it work & did you like it?

I’ve looked at tons of the computerized machines & just don’t want to be dead-ended after paying a small-fortune for one! Many machines let you add fonts & embroidery, clip art etc (using digitizing programs…btw which do you like better…”Generations” or “Origins” & why??) BUT usually the stitches that you get w/a machine is ALL you can do.

I am creating lots of crazy quilts & so (sew?) the more the better.  :]

Please give me your feedback …as this is a big purchase/decision & I could use help from people who know more about all this then I do?

many thanks & be well…

Replies

1. carolfresia | | #1

Dear LTMD,

If I'm not mistaken, there's a book by Barbara Skimin that discusses the Custom Stitch feature, which your Brother dealer should either have or be able to get for you. I'm not in the office today to contact Barbara and ask her about it, but see if your dealer can let you take a look at this book. I have a feeling that if you knew how to use the feature, you'd like it a lot.

Carol

1. LTMD | | #2

Carol.... THANK YOU  sooooo much!!!  I did a search on the internet & found the book you were talking about! How very cool!

I'm heading to the dealer today & will ask him as well... but its good to know I can find it elsewhere if need be? ( she has actually written several books that look interesting... do you know her?)

Just wanted to say a huge "thank you" for this lead.  Isn't it funny that only the Brother Disney machine has this feature (& not the Ellageo3? when they are otherwise pretty identical?)?  The Disney stuff isn't even a "draw" for me...but this machine appears to have all the other options that I'm looking for.

I'm just surprised none of the others have thought to add a creative option for some of the higher-end computerized machines...especially when it comes to stitches?

Well...I'm very excited & just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your input.

Be well & thanks again...

LTMD  :]

1. carolfresia | | #3

LTMD, I do know Barbara, and you can purchase the book directly from her, but I'll have to email you the info. privately.. I"m running out of the office now--remind me and I'll get to it on Monday if you can wait that long.

Have a good weekend...

Carol

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights