Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Delighted with Threads Issue #146

sosewnem | Posted in Feedback on Threads on

I just received my Threads issue #146 today and was so delighted with all of the articles. I’ve only had the chance to look through it once, but am looking forward to sitting down to read the articles fully. I especially look forward to reading “Fitting Tips from the Pros,” which focuses on six (6) different fitting problems, instead of just one. There are many other wonderful articles that are useful and inspiring. Additionally, you included one for fun–“Getting plastered” had me in stitches!

There will be something for everyone to appreciate in this issue.

Thanks Threads!

“New hopes are a fountain of energy.” – from A Perfect Day by Richard Paul Evans

Replies

1. decoratrice | | #1

I especially liked the felt suit on the back cover-a great choice with the article on nuno felting-very inspirational!  Getting Plastered made me laugh out loud.  I once took a workshop in this technique-one person fainted, I got light-headed and had to sit down before the plaster set, so that my form sagged and bagged and was totally useless.  Now I have a duct tape form like the one on this site.  It works great.  Duct tape for dress forms and your local bar for getting plastered.  Everything in its proper place.

2. gailete | | #2

I very much enjoyed getting my magazine. I thought it was great and one of my letters to the editor was in it! I had been sick for a month straight when it came and it certainly helped cheer me up. Thankfully feeling better now and have done some sewing again. I always know I'm feeling better when I can go do something in my sewing room.

1. Ceeayche | | #4

Gailete,

I hope this finds you happy and healthier!  I am glad to interpret that you are feeling better. 

1. gailete | | #5

Best week I've had in over a month. I even managed to finish my BIL quilt that I have been working on, or at least thinking of working on, for months. Now get to start a new project.

Gail

1. Ceeayche | | #6

Woo hoo!!!!  Please post pictures of the quilt.

1. gailete | | #8

This quilt was made from scraps from 40 years of sewing (I'm 54) so that is pretty much my sewing lifetime. Occasionally I would sew up blocks with my scraps and put them in my UFO box. When my BIL, a trucker, mentioned last years it got so cold even with the heater going and all his coverings he slept in his clothes and was still cold I figured he needed a quilt. Thankfully it is going into a truck for an over the road driver as it would never win a prize. The quilting job I did was HORRIBLE! But it should keep him warm and he knows I've been very sick and did the best I could. Hubby doesn't have the final picture uploaded yet, but I'm hoping to do a large posting about the making of the quilt on my blog as soon as I'm feeling up to it.

2. rodezzy | | #9

That sounds really interesting, with all the different types of fabrics.  I am waiting breathlessly to see pictures. 

3. Ceeayche | | #10

I agree with Rodeezy it does sound interesting!  I am looking forward to the pictures.  Don't be so critical about the workmanship.... I'm looking forward to the play on pattern and color and the fun!

And again, it's just good that you're feeling better!

3. User avater
    bethaten | | #3

Here, here, getting my Threads is always a savory treat.  My favorite is the pattern review, seeing the drawings and the pieces made up....I can never have enough of that.  I have every issue of Threads, except sadly, one my daughter and her friend thought was in the "to be used for collage pile", and love to grab a stack to look through for inspiration.

Take care~

Beth

4. bel | | #7

I love the article on nuno felt - I've always wondered how this was done! I tried it out today today as I have four bolts of pretty high-quality white-ivory silk that I need projects for! I am going to have to figure out how to adapt the technique for my silk which I think is too closely woven for nuno felting, asthere wasn't much ofa bond between it and the wool. Perhaps I could slit it all over and felt both sides creating bonds through the slits? I'd like to try a nuno felt version of the new Vogue Mizono jacket pattern (the one with the unusual red jacket and loose black pants. B

1. decoratrice | | #11

Slitting the fabric sounds exciting.  Maybe laying it on a piece of steel and hitting it with a metal meat tenderizer mallet?  I had a designer rayon years ago that had burned-out holes in a pattern--made a great little blouse-jacket, but the fabric started to come apart when it was dry cleaned.  I saved it because I loved that fabric--possibilities beckon!

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights