Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

EuroPro Serger #687-375

LynneMHoyt | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

Greetings!

This is my first post, so I hope I do this right… I have been trying to find any user input on  a EuroPro Serger model #687-375. It’s on HSN.com for $279.00. I was wondering how it would compare to the Janome 204D – which I like and it runs right at 400.00 I need a new machine and am very limited on funds so I need to be careful. HSN has payments – which makes it attractive, but is it worth it? Is EuroPro as well built as Janome? I would REALLY appreciate any input  experienced users have to offer! Thanks in advance for taking the time to comment.

Lynnie Marie

Replies

1. LynneMHoyt | | #1

Okay, never mind. I did research over the weekend and found out some helpful stuff. One web site that offers EuroPro sergers refers to them as "boomerangs", because they always come back!  They no longer offer the 30 day money back guarantee on them that they have on ALL their other machines. That tells me a great deal about how undesirable they must be to their owners and sellers!   Another machine that looks good is the following:

White Superlock 2000ATS w/ 7 different feet, instructional Video and workbook -  selling for $339.00 can be seen at:  http://www.sewvacdirect.com/white2000combo.html

Anyone have experience with White Sergers willing to share their experiences?

The only other machine I am interested in is the Janome 644D,

http://www.janome.com/product_show.php

which is fully automatic and sells for $599.00.  This is the one I am using to compare with the others.  Anyone have one of these?  Please share with me your opinion/ experiences with it!!!

Thank you for your replies!!!! 

1. Elisabeth | | #2

There are some honest serger reviews at http://www.patternreview.com No one is trying to sell anything there. And there are lots of fun reviews of patterns too.

Threads had an article on sergers comparing the brands not too long ago that might be helpful.

Also http://www.epinions.com has serger reviews including the white you mention. I have used the epinions site for seeing what people say about printers, scanners, and digital cameras and got good information before buying.

I don't have a serger, just my trusty Viking sewing machine. Having a good warranty, dealer support with a good return/upgrade policy, classes on use and care, and ease of finding parts would be on my mind if I was shopping for a serger. I would also need a serious test drive with all sorts of fabrics to see if I like how the machine handles.

1. LynneMHoyt | | #3

Thank you so much for your reply! I am going to check those sites out.  I "test drove" a Janome 644D, which I loved and am using to compare with everything else. The dealer gives free lessons for life and upgrade perks too. I can't remember what the warrantees were, but it was far superior to anywhere else something like 25 yrs. The only problem is, it costs $599.00. Thus the price search. The White serger offers alot of extras that my dealer doesn't offer with any of the Janomes, but the White doesn't come with as good a warrantee or classes for life Plus, I need to be able to test drive it....  The search continues!  Again, thank you for your reply; I'm going to follow your advice.

LynnieMarie

1. MOMPEA1 | | #4

I'm a disabled former nurse, so I don't have any financial gain in plugging one machine over another. I bought a Janome 4800 about 3 years ago- I love it! It will do fairly delicate material and aided me in reupholstering my couch without any hassles. Some dealers will have promotional programs on their Janomes-ask. Mine was 6 months same as cash, but it was only for selected models. I did have one bit of trouble with the computer in the machine after I had the machine for about a year. It was repaired once and when I went to pick the machine up it malfunctioned again-the replacement part was damaged. I got a note from Janome AND I got a NEW machine. No problems since. I don't know many companies that would replace a machine after a year. Seems it was so unusual an occurrence that my dealer couldn't believe it happened. 

I also have a Bernina serger I bought used and also love it. It does everything I want and my creations look so much more finished. It did take awhile to understand adjusting the tensions, but I threaded the machine with thread matching the colors of the upper loopers and the lower loopers,  [ you know one is red, one is yellow, one is green and one is blue ] and then it was so much easier to compare my sample with the instructional manual.

That's been my experience with Janome.

Jackie

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights