Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Fall 2010 Issue-peasant blouse w/no pattern – diagonal cut

catluvr | Posted in Teach Yourself To Sew on

Great magazine.  Detailed instructions w/measurements are given for the casings for the neckline and on the blouse front, however,  there is no guidance when it comes to cutting the upper corners of each pattern piece for fitting around the arms suggested in step 4 on page 75. 

How many inches should the diagonal cut begin from the neckline edges – 2, 3?  How many inches down the sides – 4, 5, 6?    Small detail, but important.  I’m surprised and disappointed it wasn’t included and I read it several times.  Thanks!

Replies

1. stillsuesew | | #1

Are you referring to a Threads magazine?  There is no "fall" issue.  There is a Aug/Sept issue and an Oct/Nov issue and neither has anything related to your question on page 75.

1. catluvr | | #2

Teach yourself to sew fall 2010

I am referring to a Threads magazine published by the editors of Threads called 'Teach Yourself to Sew'.  The magazine's website address [teachyourselftosew.com] brings me to the Threads site [albeit titled with TYTS name], but the login is the same and so is the interface and forum. 

2. lou19 | | #3

sorry have not seen this magazine.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights