Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads


mahaffey5 | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

HELP!  I`ve looked in the major office supply stores and

can`t seem to find any paper tape,that you wet,to make

dress forms with. Itried duct tape but it is to heavy.

Any help is greatly appreciated!



  1. Rita_Scanlan | | #1


    I think you're looking for gummed kraft paper tape. In general, other than for paper-tape dress forms, that tape is used for packing boxes and taping up the backs of picture frames. If you can't find it in your local office-supply shops, you might try art-supply shops (such as Dick Blick or maybe even Michaels) or packing-supply shops (such as Mailboxes Etc. or even UPS). If you don't mind shopping online, there are a number of places that sell kraft paper tape (such as Dick Blick online, http://www.dickblick.com). You can just do a search for "kraft paper tape," and then find a place that you feel comfortable with.

    Good luck with the dress form! If you need any pointers for that, check out the "Clone Yourself A Fitting Assistant" http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00002.asp


    1. mahaffey5 | | #2


      Thank you!!!!!  Ichecked out the site and they have it.I am new to the net ,only

      4months, and am afraid  to order on line yet. I did ask for a cataloge though.

      Once again thank you . Threads is where I first saw this idea but haven`t

      found the tape till now. Ihope this works. Itryed duct tape,it`s way to heav

      . Inever thought of an arts supply place.

      1. Rita_Scanlan | | #3

        Great! I'm glad you found what you needed. Good luck with it!

  2. LJB2002 | | #4

    Could you use the parer tape for dry wall patching? My husband uses it for patching sheetrock. I comes in paper as well as a metal/paper combo. He gets it at any hardware store or Home Depot. Best wishes!


This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

View All
View All