help me find an article
I’m visiting my daughter in Portland, OR. I was going to bring my last issue of Threads and check out the fabric stores in the article Portland: Fabric Mecca (or something like that) but I forgot to throw it into my suitcase. Can anybody help me find it on the website?
I don't have the article at hand but here's a list from google...I never miss a chance to check out the Mill End Store whenever I'm in that area...A.
Mill End Retail Fabric Store
- millendstore.com - (503) 786-1234 - 13 reviews
Pendleton Woolen Mill Store
- http://www.pendleton-usa.com - (503) 535-5786 - 3 reviews
- http://www.knit-purl.com - (503) 227-2999 - 12 reviews
- coolcottonsinc.com - (503) 232-0417 - 8 reviews
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store
- http://www.joann.com - (503) 659-2718 - 4 reviews
Whole Nine Yards
- w9yards.com - (503) 223-2880 - 4 reviews
Fabric Depot Inc
- http://www.fabricdepot.com - (503) 252-9530 - 15 reviews
- http://www.knittnkitten.com - (503) 255-3022 - 2 reviews
Bolt Neighborhood Fabric Boutique
- http://www.boltfabricboutique.com - (503) 287-2658 - 4 reviews
Just happened to be sitting here with that issue in front of me. Artful gave you a good list above but there are a couple more listed in the article.
Rose City Textiles (active wear and other fabrics) 2515 NW Nicolai St.
Josephine's Dry Goods 521 SW 11th Ave.
The Button Emporium & Ribbonry 914 SW 11th Ave.
Ruthie's Rags 10602 NE Sandy Blvd.
Gossamer 2418 NE Burnside up the street from The Whole 9 Yards
IKEA 10280 NE Cascade Pwky
Fabric Depot and the Mill End store sound like you could get lost in them.
Hope this helps you. I think I'd probably end up with fabric sensory overload if I had the chance to go to any of these places in addition to buying too much. Have a good time.
This post is archived.