Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

HELP opinions please: ELNA 3007 vs BA…

eli_dunn | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

hi, I’m choosing between these two machines because they have more stitches than I need and a few convenience features like needle threaders and speed control switches. I am, however, having a hard time choosing.

I could use the opinion of anyone who knows/has one of these. It seems most of you have higher-end computer machines or old standards. I don’t need (have the $ for) a computer m/c since I don’t embroider or quilt. I have a very old viking, but want something easier now with a other stitches.

Does anyone have an experience with these models or their predecessors which they could share?

Thanks,
Eli

Replies

1. jonesie | | #1

Hi Eli:
    the only experience I have is on the Viking and Baby Lock sides. I love my Viking because it feels sturdy enough to handle heavier sewing loads, and it's a "fancy" expensive machine. I had a Baby Lock Espire and LOVED the features you mentioned as well as the auto thread cutters; very nice. BUT my BL never felt like it could handle denim, for instance, mending it or sewing from scratch. So, I sold it and bought a Viking again. (I had traded in my Viking 950 for this BL and after a year went back to Viking). I actually upgraded to a Viking #1, not plus.

I don't know about Elna but AM going to buy an Elna Serger 925...has some excellent features, but need to save up.

Have fun; make sure your dealer will let you try it out a lot with your OWN fabric...or if you're going used, ask lots of questions from these types of websites. Visit the http://www.jps.net/cfield/rummage website...some good deals. Have fun!

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights