Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

I need a whatchamacallit

PiWoodworks | Posted in Sewing Machines & Sergers on

But I don’t know whatcha call it. I’m trying to refurbish an old sewing machine desk with machine that swings up from underneath. I keep seeing plenty of pictures with similar mechanisms along the top edge of the opening, but cannot find anything stating the name of the part. It’s round and fits into a recessed part of the tabletop, with a doohicky that swings up and down. I have one, but need another. Anybody know what it’s called and if/where I could purchase one? I’ll post a picture soon.


  1. user-3445382 | | #1

    Google 'sewing machine hinge', many images will show cabinet hinges, but some images are hinges that attach to the machine.

  2. User avater
    VernonMcGee | | #2

    Fairness and transparency should be at the heart of a modern platform for musicians and their fans.

    We’ve set out to create a place that gives music fans more freedom to support artists and gives artists tools to engage their fans and builder stronger relationships.

    Website https://rap-flac.com/

  3. simplypat | | #3

    Here's what you are looking for:


    Just double check you hinge diameter.

Log in or create an account to post a comment.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

View All
View All


Shop the Store

View All
View More