Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

issue 116 clever five-step bag

chiel | Posted in Feedback on Threads on

Hi!

I’m new to the forums and glad that I logged on.  I read the previous posting about the quick to make bags and found alot of good info.  I too had alot of trouble with the zipper and getting it on correctly.  I was also stumped by the instruction to sew the sides shut while the bag was inside out.  I was finally able after much pulling and pulling to open the bag again. 

My main question for everyone here is this- When I sew the box pleat closed am I supposed to stitch over the zipper tape or just sew right across the end of the bag without hitting the tape?  Also, does anyone have any tips on sewing the bag as a tube?  How do you do this without sewing all of the fabric together?

I am relatively new to sewing and still have many questions and need to read directions many times to understand and still might have a problem with the construction and sewing.  Thanks for any input.

Chiel

Replies

1. Beth | | #1

Leave the zipper unzipped about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way when you turn it wrong side out.

Beth

2. suesew | | #2

You stitch right over the zipper tape and include it in the end seam. I don't understand your question about sewing it as a tube.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights