Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Issue 143

gailete | Posted in General Discussion on

Just got my latest Threads and have only seen the cover. I’ll be taking a LONG ‘nap’ today so I can read it!

Gail

Replies

1. Ocrafty1 | | #1

Got mine today, too....but I got to scan through it pretty quickly.  Will spend more time studying it later...looks like some very good info on altering men's tailored clothing.  Love the macrame dress on the back!  I never let myself look at the back until after I've at least scanned the rest of the mag.  Its like dessert for me! 

Deb 

1. User avater
      rodezzy2 | | #2

Got my copy today too, that macrame' is wonderful.  Whomever made it was very skilled.  I looked quickly through it at work where I have it delivered.  I will relish it later. 

2. Tatsy | | #3

It's a great issue. The article on pants alterations may send me back to sewing for myself instead of the grandkids. The trim article is great too.

3. Ceeayche | | #4

Mine hasn't arrived yet... but I'm on pins and needles!

1. gailete | | #5

Strange how the mail works and the time it takes to get them all distributed.

There is a great article on using fabric embellishments that also has an additional set of instructions here on line, so I have that printed out and stuck in with the magazines. A lot of good articles again, including a patternless top/jacket that I might try.

Right after getting my copy, I got sick so wasn't up to doing anything. My last project was a pincushion. But yesterday I sorted out the pattern pieces for a dress from a new pattern. An easy to sew one (supposedly) without fitting other than an attached tie. After my last fiasco of trying to alter a pattern, I wanted to try something that should be able to be sewn right up. I have to press the pattern tissues flat, cut it out and then sew. I'm planning on using some fabric that I got several years ago when our Joann's was going out of business. It was $10/yard then but I think I paid $2/yard. Somehow in the back of my head, I kept hearing this chorus that I needed to save this fabric for something 'worthy', but it would be perfect for the dress. Am I the only one that does this?

It is a medium blue silky polyester that is slightly crinkled. I'm thinking of maybe skipping the neck facing and do a bias binding instead with the reverse of the fabric (a lighter blue) as a bit of a decorative detail like I have seen in some of the magazines. Not sure. I just would really like it to turn out and fit. I had been thinking of trying to use the fabric embellishment that was in this edition of Threads, but forgot it had a round neck and not the V-neck. It might work, but I think it would be too much around my neck--I can't stand anything to close to my neck like turtlenecks, etc.

1. Ceeayche | | #6

Ms Gail

I'm glad you're feeling better.  I've been facing some health challeges that are leaving me drained and lethargic.  So I'm excited about your renewed sense of energy!

It's your fault.  Yes it is.  I was happily surfing the net, listening to the neighbor's kids play outside.  Your description of your project is making me get off my more than ample hindparts and head to the sewing room!

Thanks!

1. gailete | | #7

Please feel better soon. Drained and lethargic feel worse than most people understand depending on what is causing it.

Happy sewing!

Gail

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights