Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Janome Cover Pro1000CP

mem | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

Has any one had any experience with the Janome Cover Pro 1000CP .It is a coverstitch only machine and I am wondering if any one has taken for a drive and has an opinion .

Replies

1. Skye | | #1

A Janome 1000CP followed me home February last year. I have not regretted the purchase. I find it very easy to thread, looks like a normal sewing machine, easy to use and it is great not having to stop and re-thread to do top stitching etc. It can go very fast or very slowly. It does prefer the better threads in the needles - I use mettler or gutterman. I have used variegated thread in the looper to do a decorative hem on a tshirt and that looked good. Recently I have bought the binder attachment ( the Janome ones are very expensive - generis ones can be bought quite cheaply on Ebay)

My first project was a jean jacket and I had no problem negoiating the several lavers of fabric - ie no skipped stitches. I sew alot of knit fabrics

What dont I like - the needles are held in with normal 'slit' screws and I find it difficult to locate the slit (read bad eyesight here) my serger has allen or phillips screws and the srewdriver locks in and I can almost change them without looking.

I also liked the price $799NZ which is about $550US that meant I could afford a new serger a few months later

There is a long discussion on C/S machines over at patternreview and there are some machine review too here is a link to  great resource about C/S machines produced by Debbie Cook

http://www.cedesign.com/familyphotos/sewing/info/cs_faq/index.html

I like my CS machine ALOT!

1. flossie | | #2

I agree with "Skye" - one of the best purchases I have made. I have had mine about 6 months  and it has been great for finishing off lycra dance and gym wear for my daughters. I have also remodelled store bought t-shirts and been able to recreate the hems. As "Skye" said it is very easy to thread, which makes it user-friendly, unlike the dreaded overlocker, which always knows when you are in a hurry to get something finished and breaks threads on purpose to frustrate you! I paid $599 (Australian dollars) on special.

Pauline

2. mem | | #3

I saw your jacket on pattern review . Its lovely . I was hoping I would be able to contact you about how you didi those seams on the jeans jacket. I am wondering did you sew them first or did you sew them on the coverpro straight off?

1. Skye | | #4

I sewed the seams with my sewing machine pressed then trimmed the 5/8 seam to 3/8 then press to side as indicated by the pattern instrutctions and then top stitched with c/s machine

3. net | | #5

thankl uou so much for your comment on the cs.  I was dying to buy it. now I will.  and thanks for the referral to patternreview.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights