Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Janome Memory Craft 4800

nmog | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

I’m in need of a new sewing machine, as my 3 year old Singer has turned into a lemon.  I’m deciding between a Pfaff and the Memory Craft.  Has any had any problems with their machine?  Does it stand up with lots of use?  Did you find the plastic parts to be a problem?  Thank you for your help!

Nicole

Replies

1. starfish | | #1

Nicole,

I got the Memory Craft 4800 about two months ago.  I haven't sewn tons of things yet but so far I love this machine.  The stitches are nice and straight and I'm experimenting with the decorative stitches too.  I got all kinds of feet with it--some of which I don't even know what to do with!  I persuaded my dealer to throw in the acrylic extension table, which makes a nice large area to sew on.   I upgraded from a mechanical Kenmore--probably 30 years old. 

Jenny

1. nmog | | #2

I'm trying to negotiate with the dealer to see if I can get anything thrown in as well. The price is currently $1499 Canadian. Is this about what you paid? I don't know if I should wait for a sewing show and see if it would be cheaper then as well.

Nicole

1. starfish | | #3

I paid $900 USD.  I called around to several dealers first and then went to the one I wanted to buy from (because of better location) and told him I'd buy from him if he'd price match--and he did!    

Good luck!

Jenny

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights