Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Janome/New Home Memory Craft 6000 value

conga | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

Hi everyone,
I just was offered to buy a used Memory Craft 6000, which appears to be in good working condition. Any thoughts on its value or fair price for it?

I’d love to hear from those of you who’ve used or own this machine, and what your thoughts are on buying it vs. a new machine. I’ve read that a good used machine may be a better investment than a new one. I’ve planned to buy a Pfaff for about $700 (Quilt Expression – 2027) which is a darn good deal, so any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated! I just started doing mostly home dec and mending this year, so I’m gaining skills but still am in the early stages of my addiction to sewing…

Replies

1. mem1 | | #1

I have a memory craft 4800 which is a very similar machine .I like it well enough but find it a bit slow when making curtains etc . My mechanical old bernina is like a Porche  compared to the Janome . However for dressmaking etc the Janome is great and very relable and has good stitch quality etc.I live in Australia so cant really comment on price .

1. conga | | #2

Thanks so much to mem and ginnas for your replies! I decided to get it after all, but still have to bring it to get it serviced (hasn't been used for years, I think.) Will provide an update once I get it going...

1. Kiley | | #3

I have a computerized (Janome) Kenmore model that is very similar to the models mentioned. I also have a mechanical Pfaff with the IDT. Both are great machines. I'm surprised that Mem thought her Janome was slow. I have a speed control on my Kenmore that I do keep on the faster speed most of the time but I find the machine sews extremely fast especially when doing deco stitches.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights