Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

kenmore 19001 vs. janome 9000

mattkarla | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

Can anyone comment on these two machines?  I am trying to decide between a new kenmore 19001 and a used janome 9000.  I would have dealer support for the janome but paying a several hundred more with only a 6 month warranty.  I sew a lot of home deco and garments, but want to try out embroidery.  Thanks, karla

Replies

1. essareff | | #1

My advice would be to buy the Janome 9000.  Not only do you get dealer support, but you will have a better machine.  I would put a little twist on the dealer's arm for a 1-year warranty.  The Janome will also put you in a better position if you want to trade it in for an upgrade someday.

Just my thoughts.  Good luck in whatever you do.

Rose

1. GinnaS | | #2

Why do you think that the Janome is better than the Kenmore?  They are both made by Janome.

Ginna

1. essareff | | #3

What you say is true.  The Janome sewing machine company does make both the Kenmore and the Janome sewing machine.  They also make New Home and Elna.  (I know nothing about New Home and Elna machines).  The machines are built to different specifications.  Sears wants a Kenmore machine built to specifications that can be sold at a popular price at Sears that will still afford Sears a profit.  Jonome builds machines designated "Janome" that demand a higher price because the machines are built to higher specifications.  In a sense, I'm saying that you get what you pay for.

In the end, Ginnas, you should try each machine to see which you feel best using.  That is the real test. 

I really wish you well in your endeavors.  I have found sewing to be a very personally satisfying activity over the years.  I'm sure you will, too.

Rose

1. GinnaS | | #4

I've been told by a service tech that the machines on the inside are the same.  Since Sears purchases so many maybe they get a better break on price that the dealers do.  They also do not include service (except for the first 3 months with is guaranteed by the manufacturer) or lessons.  I would think these things would account for the difference in price.  Wouldn't you?

Ginna

1. essareff | | #5

Ginnas,

Very interesting information.

Again, sew on the two machines.  Buy the one YOU like better.

My best wishes,

Rose

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights