Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Long sleeve accessory

stktrader | Posted in General Discussion on

Years ago I had a pair of stretchy metal long sleeve retractors.  They were like putting a rubber band on the cuff of the long sleeve just above the elbow to keep the cuff from dropping down to the wrist. I cannot find them anywhere in the mall. What are they called? I cannot find them on the internet as well. I like wearing long sleeves this way and letting the sleeve hang past the cuff.


  1. starzoe | | #1

    I don't know the name of this item, but I do know they used to be an important accessory for men. They turn up occasionally at thrift stores, so maybe an antique sale or shop might me a source.

  2. user-51823 | | #2

    i had about 3 pr in the eighties, when the style was to wear jackets with everything, all year, with the cuffs rolled up to a 3/4 length.
    i don't recall the name they were marketed under, but i'd google for varieties of "cuff/sleeve/roller/bands/ holders"

  3. GailAnn | | #3

    Sleeve Garters.  I still have a pair, but you can often find them in catalogues geared to the more mature woman.  Gail

  4. Crazy K | | #4

    I bought a pair a couple of years ago........Clotilde catalog handled them.  Haven't looked lately but will.......and then will update for you!


    Update:  I just checked their newer catalog as well as the website........couldn't find them.  I must assume they no longer carry them.  They were last in the January 2007 catalog so it seems odd........but they aren't there now!  Makes we wish I had ordered another pair.........just in case!  Rubber bands just don't have class!! LOL


    Edited 9/8/2007 4:44 pm ET by Crazy K

    1. stktrader | | #5

      Gail Ann- I love mature women.

      Crazy K,

           I might call your source on Monday for the "sleeve garters"

  5. diday | | #6

    There's a stretchy metal kind here (found it on Google):

    John Helmer Haberdasher Inc., Portland, OR

    1. user-51823 | | #7

      that's exactly what i had, like a flattened metal coil. mine came in black, white, and gold tone. but i know i paid less than $12!

      1. stktrader | | #8

        Thanks Diday,

             I  emailed them today to see if it will work as a bicep garter.

  6. User avater
    1. Crazy K | | #10

      I'm not the original poster......but many thanks!  I don't think Clotilde does carry them now and I like them.  I help my daughter with her daycare business and its nice to keep my long sleeved winter t's out of the dishwater!  I get a Vermont catalog....or have in the past so I'll have to look!  Thanks again!


    2. stktrader | | #11

      They say that they are wrist garters at Vermont. I don't trust that they will work for above the elbow.

      1. User avater
        dayenu | | #12

        I own a pair of silver ones and they work unless your upper arms are very large.

        You could also make your own from a nice silk fabric and elastic.

        1. stktrader | | #13

          The one company that I emailed said that the ones that they have are too small for the bicep. They stated that they used to have a larger size but that they can no longer get them. Still looking.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

View All
View All