Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

McCalls Pattern 7517

quilterqueen | Posted in Patterns on

What a friendly and warm place!!!  I just came across this site and sure have enjoyed the last 1-1/2 hours going back through the discussions.  Everyone seems so willing to help and friendly!! 

I am actually hoping someone can help me.  I purchased a McCall’s jacket pattern about 6 years ago and cut the fabric that I chose to use.  Unfortunately, that is as far as I got with it.  Recently, I began to be able to spend some time sewing again and got the whole project out again.   Somehow I have separated the pattern pieces from the envelope and instruction sheets and they are no where to be found.  I have looked high and low, even in other pattern envelopes to see if I could find it. 

Normally this wouldn’t be a problem, as I can usually piece a garment together without instructions.  This time, however, there are so many pieces such as appliques, upper and lower sleeves, upper and lower back and front pieces, a couple of yokes pieces etc.  I am afraid that I am a bit overwhelmed with it all.  It even has lines and suggested placement for cording and rick rack on it.  Maybe if I could just see the envelope again I could figure it all out, but I am not even sure which view I intended to use.  Does anyone know of a site that I could go to that might have patterns from the late 90’s? 

I loved this jacket and even though I know it is “out of style” I don’t care!! I plan to finish it and wear it proudly!!

Thanks for any help!!  Sorry this got so long!!

LaNae

Replies

1. sewvintage | | #1

Hi Lanae,

http://www.monsterpatterns.com may have your pattern.  Good Luck!

Lisa

1. quilterqueen | | #2

Thank you for your quick reply!!!  :)

LaNae

2. user-1048781 | | #3

ebay is also a good source; i've found several patterns that i missed in the pattern books online, and they're often cheaper than before.  the key is in structuring your search to pull up what you want; i'd search just for the pattern number alone (no mccall's or anything) because sometimes people misspell things, even when they're right in front of them!  --lynn

3. GWENDOLYN13 | | #4

Hi Quilterqueen:

What does the jacket look like?  I know my sister in law has many many patterns, this may be among them.  Of course they are not in numerical order so if I could give her some idea of the style, it may jog her memory.

1. quilterqueen | | #5

That would be so wonderful of you!!  I have searched e-bay and most of the sites that I can find that offer discontinued patterns and even e-mailed McCalls directly and with no luck.  (McCalls didn't even answer)  I was getting discouraged.

It was a jacket with several different layouts.  I wish I could remember the colors that were actually shown on the pattern (maybe a deep berry and dark green) but unfortunately, all I can bring to mind is the fabric wihich I chose to make it in.  One layout had a lace inset for the "upper" jacket (similar to a yoke)  One layout had ribbon and cording added to the face of it.   They all had "upper" and "lower" fronts and back, the sleaves were four pieces each with upper front and back and lower sections, also.  It had applique instructions for optional squares, triangles, circles etc on one of the styles.  You can see why I could have trouble with putting this jacket together without instructions (or at least a picture) to follow. 

Thanks for all your help!!!

LaNae

1. Crish | | #6

Have you tried McCall's directly?  The US pattern companies keep an inventory of discontinued patterns for a year after they have been dropped from the catalog.  There is a number listed in the back of the counter catalog or your local fabric store may have it.  Give it a try.  They charge the list price for the pattern plus a nominal mailing fee.  Good luck!

1. quilterqueen | | #7

Thank you, Crish,

Actually I have contacted McCalls directly through e-mail twice now.  Guess I am just going to have to bite the bullet and get on the phone with them.  I can't get a response through e-mail. 

Thanks again, everyone

LaNae

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights