Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

My Babylock 5260D won’t chain.Any ideas?

momcat50 | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

I have rethreaded it twice and checked the threading. I changed the needle. Made sure I have the correct plate on. The thread will not chain and thus not serge. It will cut. That is all. Any ideas? Something I am missing? Susan

Replies

1. Crafty_Manx | | #1

I had this problem on my mom's babylock.  Sometimes it matters in which order you thread it.  I think the order I used was lower looper first (I think it's the looper; it's the straight needle that goes from the left to the right, has the channel in the back that the thread goes through.  It's the most "pain-in-the-butt" needle to thread.).  Then I threaded the second lower needle (the curvy one on the right side).  I pulled those threads up and behind the foot, so they were out of the way.  Make sure you don't twist them around each other.  Then thread your upper needle(s) and pull that thread out of the way.  Try serging, slowly at first.  I've found that if you inadvertantly "twist" those two lower threads around each other, one will always snap.

When in doubt, have your dealer look at it?

~Cat

1. momcat50 | | #2

Thank you for the suggestions. Yesterday after patiently rethreading the machine more than once, following both book and color coded sticker on the inside of the machine door, I decided to have a serger repair person take a look. He said he would probably have it ready today. No call. So I am betting it had a part go kaflooey. We shall see. It has been out of commission for four days and I miss it!

Susan

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights