Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

New Member Question

Judpie59 | Posted in Talk With Us on

Good Morning all!

   New member and first time poster here.  I have a question…I just bought an old sewing cabinet at a yard sale.  It is really unique and it has a small glass jar with a lid and a hole.  Inside the lid is what appears to be a marble.  Can anyone tell me what this might be used for?  I was thinking maybe water in the jar and then one rolls their fingers over the marble to wet them, but not sure why someone would need to do that.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!


  1. lou19 | | #1

    How interesting.......but I'm not sure what it could be for!!!!!!!!!!

    Can you explain to me and other english people exactly what a "yard sale"  is.

    1. sewchris703 | | #3

      Yard sale

      Also called garage sale.  Think jumble sale (from Agatha Christie novels).

      I have no idea what that glass jar would be used for.  Is it part of the cabinet or did it just come with the cabinet?


  2. vwren99 | | #2

    It's hard to visualize what you are describing.  Do you mean the lid has a roller ball?  If so, maybe it could be a dispenser for moistening envelope flaps and postage stamps. I sure can't think of a sewing tool that matches your description.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

View All
View All