Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

New to embroidery with my Brother 1250!

shend88 | Posted in Machine Embroidery on

Recently purchased my first embroidery machine, the Brother 1250.

Im working on getting all my materials together then going to start on some projects, mainly baby items for now..Being a stay at home mom is boring, so Im wanting to be productive with my time and hopefully make a living out of it in the future.

My question is, are there any others out there that use this machine, or brand, and what softwares do you find are most useful?

Open to any other suggestions regarding materials, stabilizers, fabrics, threads, applique design storage, etc.

(:

Note: I am new to this, never embroidered before, but so far Im picking up on things quickly and signed up for classes through my dealer this next week.

Any tips or suggestions/advice will be helpful.

Thank you!

Susie

Replies

1. SisterSuzieSews | | #1

What I did

My machine came with lessons and they are well worth the time and effort.  I have an older Brother and had sewn but never used an embrodery machine.  I learned to hoop correctly, to select designs, select thread, and combine designs on my machine.  The people there were also helpful with stabalizers that I needed and things like that.  I did buy a set of thread because I knew having many colors would make projects easier.  I've bought software so that I can change designs because I've never liked what every one else has.  Go back where you bought your machine and see what help they have for you.  If that doesn't work, post a reply to your original post and I'll help you.

'

2. Pattiann42 | | #2

Machine Embroidery/Viewing Downloads

http://embrilliance.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3

Embrilliance Thumbnailer is the only software you will need for now.  It is a catalog for viewing your downloads.  Computer operating systems cannot  open downloads for viewing.

Create a folder on the hard drive for the downloads.  The downloads will be zipped/compressed and have to be opened before they can be viewed by machine embroidery software or the embroidery machine.

I have expensive software that came with my embroidery machine and have found Embrilliance Thumbnailer the easiest to use when searching for what I want to send to my embroidery machine.

Not associated with Embrilliance, just a fan.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights