Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

new Vogue dress 1102

rouquinne | Posted in Patterns on

i really LOVE this pattern but i’m one of those people who really NEEDS a supportive bra.

does anyone have suggestions for adding a bra or adding a back so that i could wear this?

TIA!

Replies

1. jjgg | | #1

you can raise the back up so it would cover your bra. You wouldn't have quite the openess of the back, but it would work. I have a bra that I wear with a dress that has a plunging back, there is a strap that (I had to go get it so I can describe it to you)
    This strap attaches to the bottom edge of the elastic sides about half way from the cup to the center back. Pretty much directly opposite from where the shoulder straps attach. This elastic strap goes from one side of the bra to the other around the FRONT so it sort of goes down along the belly. This holds the back band down and keeps it from peaking up.Now that I've written all that, I looked at the tag and googled it:http://www.lemystere.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1155&Category_Code=E&Product_Count=1Your other option is to make an attachment on the top edge of the low back to hook the bra to.(When I got this bra, I also got some fake boobies to go in it so I look like I actually have something there! what fun. I'm an A cup!

Edited 6/3/2009 10:28 pm ET by jjgg

2. User avater
    ThreadKoe | | #2

The straps to lower the bra back that Jigg suggested would work well for this. There are long line type bras with lower backs available for bridal wear as well. A couple of ribbon or grosgrain loops sewed like belt loops on each side of the back zipper for your bra back to go through would also help. Check out the Sew Stylish Red Carpet Issue for full instructions. Works beautifully! The back of the dress is stunning! It does not appear to go all the way down to the waist, so you should be ok. Post pics if you can.... Cathy

3. rouquinne | | #3

thanks!i'll try to find a way to wear a bra that way before altering the pattern - since that's not something i'm very good at!:-)

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights