These were my Oct. Challenges.
1. Make a coat out of the fleece I purchased today. Got to pick a pattern and buy the notions if needed. Made a jacket instead.
2. Finish crocheting the coat I started & worked on last night out of Crochet! Magazine Only have right front, sleeves and hood to do. (whew!) Never touched it but to move it. (giggle)
3. Knit the cabled purse I bought yarn for today after practicing and seeing how incredibly easy knitting cables are. I have a awesome pattern for a cabled sweater that I just love and I promised myself I would learn to cable in order to make that sweater. It’s beautiful. I’ll find the pattern and show you guys next time. Made a ribbed fabric instead.
4. Make a list of coat fabric yardage from my stash of coat patterns and start searching for material. I want a black & white houndstooth. Making my 2007/08 Fall & Winter Outer Wear gear (giggle). Check yardage from materials in stash. Pulled fabric and all coat patterns. Made none.
5. Study Threads Magazines steps for sewing fur and gather materials. I have some red fox fur I took off a second hand shop jacket I bought last season. Want to make a purse and winter hat band. Threads Magazine had a great magazine article on faux fur and fur sewing that’s been sitting by my bedside for the last month. I look at it and read it, and stare at it, and I’ve GOT to do something! (smile) That was easy to do.
So my November challenge from this list is:
1. #2 complete that crocheted coat.
2. Make some holiday presents.
3. Have a good Thanksgiving Holiday week off work and enjoy family and friends.
Done in Oct. 2007: 3/4 finished w/black purse, Childs robe, Brown Poncho, five scarves, knitted/crocheted blue poncho, twin sized quilt, Halloween costume, various other projects in photo gallery and other threads, items mentioned above.
Rodezzy, Fiber Artist
Edited 10/29/2007 3:31 pm ET by rodezzy