Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Oiled my MC7500

gabers | Posted in General Sewing Info on

I bought my MC7500 used and of course no manual. I love the machine but made the mistake of oiling it. I thought all machines needed oiling especially this is an old one. I called a sewing machine shop and was asked to bring it in and that there would be an evaluation charge. I wanted to contact this forum first to see if anyone ever did the same mistake and if so what did they do? Thanks for the help in advance.

Replies

1. silk4 | | #1

oiled machine

it will not hurt the machine,, just don't oil it anymore. if you oiled the bobbin area try wiping the oil off as much as possible.

if you will put the full name of the machine,, I will try to help you find a manual for the machine. Manuals are worth their weight in gold

when you have a sewing machine no matter wether it's used or new.

2. Pattiann42 | | #2

If you are referring to the Janome Memory Craft 7500, it is a computerized machine and does not require oiling. 

The oil may or may not cause issues.  If the oil comes in contact with a sensor the machine may not operate as it should.

Contact Janome customer service and see if you can get a manual free.

There is also a forum at the Janome site and someone may share a copy of the manual with you.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights