Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Opinions about Singer Quantum 9940

LovelandPeggy | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

I am new to this site and have been frustrated in trying to find some legitimate opinions about the Singer Quantum 9940.  I really like the features and it looks like it would be perfect for me, but I’ve heard some really nasty comments from some of the local retailers.  I checked Consumer Reports and this machine is in the top four for electronic machines.  Two local retailers are trying to say that somebody must have paid them to give such a good review – which I think is ridiculous.  Does anyone have any experience with this machine? 

Thank you in advance for any information that anyone can share!

LovelandPeggy

Replies

1. lovestosew | | #1

Hello,
    I own a Singer 9940 (along with "several" other machines) and have been happy with it. It was a Christmas present four years ago and it's only been in the shop once (stupid operator error). I tend to sew mainly on cotton, linen, wool and silk - it's behaved well on those types of fabrics. I don't sew on multiple layers of really thick fabrics so I can't help you there. However, I don't care for any dealer bad-mouthing a competitor's products - it's very poor salesmanship and does nothing to convince me to buy whatever they're selling. Also, you might want to check out http://www.patternreview.com for machine reviews. Good luck with your purchase.
    Julie

1. LovelandPeggy | | #4

Thank you for your feedback!  I agree with you that it's not good business to bad-mouth the competition.  What struck me is that these people are Singer dealers!  In any case, I have crossed these people off my list and will buy from the one who was positive through the whole discussion.  Their only weakness is that they haven't been trained by Singer on this machine, so they can't demonstrate all of its features.  I think I will see if they can obtain their training and then show me before I buy it.  I'm so glad to hear from someone who actually has experience with the machine and think's it is worth having.  Thank you again!

Peggy

2. gogojojo | | #2

I have a Singer 9910, which is just a scaled down version of the 9940 (not as many stitch functions).  I also own 8 other machines, including a Pfaff.  The Singer is the best machine I own.  You get tons of features for an unbelievable price, and yeah, I guess if I were the Pfaff guy trying to sell you a comparable machine for 3 times the $$, I'd probably be bad mouthing Singer too!

1. LovelandPeggy | | #3

Thank you!  It's been difficult to make a good decision when I heard so many opposing opinions.  Your comments have really helped!  I'm glad to be able to hear from someone who actually uses this line of machine.  The machine looks like it has everything I want and more - I was just hesitant after hearing the bad raps it was getting.  You've made my choice much easier!  Thank you again!

Peggy

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights